St David’s College specialises in providing high quality education, exclusively for 16-19 year olds, for students of all backgrounds and abilities. St David’s is a friendly and inclusive sixth form college with a reputation for excellent results, teaching support and guidance.
Ten reasons to choose St David’s:
- In 2010, St David’s became the first institution in Wales to achieve ‘excellent’ ratings in Estyn’s two overall judgement categories.
- In 2018, 58% of students achieved A* – B at A level.
- With over 35 A level courses and a range of vocational BTEC programmes, St David’s is the premier sixth form college in Cardiff and South Wales.
- St David’s is the ideal bridge between school and higher education, where you are encouraged to think independently and make the most of your talents and abilities.
- The pastoral support is exceptional, with dedicated learner coaches for each student and a Learner Support Centre for those with additional learning needs.
- We have fantastic facilities including a suite of modern science labs, a state of the art Learning Resource Centre, a cinema, cafe, canteen, sports hall, gym, all-weather pitch, and much more.
- St David’s provides a wide range of extra-curricular actives; sports, drama, music, creative writing, and many societies founded and run by the students themselves. There is certainly something for everyone.
- We are a international college, attracting students from all over the world. Studying in an multi-cultural environment teaches students to celebrate different cultures and religions, while developing communication, time management, critical analysis and independent thinking skills.
- Although we are a Catholic college, St David’s welcome students from all faiths. We have a dedicated chaplaincy team who support students of all beliefs, giving everyone the opportunity to practice their own faith.
- We have a well-stocked careers library, an on-site careers guidance service, and fully trained Learner Coaches ready to give advice on career paths and courses.